Timeline: Pegawai Farmasi Gred UF41 (Bil. 1/2017)
Hi fellow pharmacy mates and juniors!
I am a graduate from University of Strathclyde, batch of 2016. As a Master of Pharmacy (MPharm) 2.5 + 1 student, I completed my first five semesters in International Medical University (IMU) and final year overseas in Glasgow, UK. Semester 8 final exams ended on 3 May, convocation on 23 June and I touched down in KLIA on 30 June 2016.
Below are the important dates (milestones) after I arrived Malaysia.
4 July 2016: Lapor diri on JPA MySELF website
https://myself.jpa.gov.my/
This is relevant to JPA-sponsored students only. Prepare the documents (in soft copy) required, i.e. scanned boarding pass (for overseas graduates), IC, academic transcript, degree certificate etc and upload. Please refer to the website/guideline for latest update and requirement.
11 July 2016: BLESS application
https://www.bless.gov.my/bless/
For your information, BLESS application is compulsory for Provisionally Registered Pharmacist (PRP). Prepare the documents (in soft copy) required and upload. BLESS number, which is also your PRP registration number, will be given after your application is processed. Time taken to process your application may range from days to weeks. Please refer to the website for latest update and requirement.
19 July 2016: BLESS application successful
Eventually, my application took 1 week to process. BLESS number was notified through email. Please take note that email address is ultimately important in each step of your application as ALL updates/notification will be informed thru email. BLESS number is also your PRP number which is valid for 1 year. The email with your PRP number is considered as the original certificate. It will be printed out numerous times for application purpose at later stage.
19 July 2016: Daftar at SPA8i
https://putra12.spa.gov.my/spa8new/login.jsp
This step can be carried out much earlier, as long as you have had your BLESS number and all necessary documents ready. Information needed includes Maklumat Pemohon, Maklumat Akademik, Maklumat Ko-kurikulum etc. Please follow the guideline on how to fill in the online form.
Remember to confirm your submission in SPA8i. Furthermore, after you submit your application, do NOT send your confirmation for the 2nd time. This will cause your application date to be postponed to the date of your 2nd application. This means if the closing date for the current intake is before your 2nd application date, your 1st application is not counted and you might have to wait for the next intake. Be very careful. I did this mistake by sending my confirmation twice. I was so nervous when the pegawai I contacted told me only the latest application was considered.
1 August 2016: Permohonan lapor diri tamat pengajian successful
This is relevant to JPA-sponsored students only. It was notified through email and status could be checked in MySELF portal.
18 December 2016: Tarikh tutup urusan
The closing date for Pegawai Farmasi UF41(Bil. 1/2017) intake. All application submitted and complete before 18 Dec 2016 were processed. The closing date really depends on the vacancies or government budget. In 2017, we can assure that there will be 4 intakes of Pegawai Farmasi UF41. 1st intake in April, 2nd in July and 3rd most probably in October (Information acquired during Program Transformasi Minda).
23 Jan - 3 Feb 2017: Interview (Semenanjung & Sabah)
Appro. one month later: Interview (Sarawak)
Provided below is the link of past year interview question collection from all states in Malaysia. Based on my friends' experience and mine, the questions asked during interview varied a lot! Some were asked a bunch of clinical questions, while some focused on what you know about working as a public servant. I have shared my experience in this blog post My interview experience (Sorry, it's mainly in Mandarin). In my opinion, it is not a bad idea to learn something while reading up the past year questions. Meanwhile, I would recommend to practise speaking/counselling in Bahasa Malaysia, read up about current healthcare or general news, know what your strong points are and relate it to your advantage as a pharmacist. In a nutshell, promote yourself moderately and naturally in the interview.
Link: Interview question collection (Past years)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1O3dr8ae7mCDV9NWAJlp3JBfF3apjZNOAmF1-_z9ni6Q/edit#gid=678672056
21 Mar 2017: Keputusan Temuduga released
I was told by the interviewer that the interview result would be released in one-month time. Apparently, the release date was postponed. The result was again notified through email. GOOD news to me! I passed my interview and my unemployment period has finally ended.
22 Mar 2017: Keputusan Temuduga email sent for 2nd time
In this email, we were informed regarding the application of posting location through e-pharmacist system.
6 Apr 2017 (Thu) 2pm: E-pharmacist registration
Although we could only fight for choose our posting location on 10 April, on 6 April we could already register online. This was when the BAD news came :( Some of my friends who have happily passed their interview realised that they could not register in the system! Later only we found out that not all candidates who passed the interview managed to get posted this intake. They were kept as Simpanan and could just wait for the next intake, which will be in end of July together with the Sarawakian candidates. From what I heard from other universities, only half of their batch got posting this time, the other half either got Simpanan or failed the interview, or they might have started their PRP in retail pharmacy setting.
Manual e-pharmacist: http://humanres.moh.gov.my/v2/uploads/cb6a9d58-39d2-61f7.pdf
10-12 Apr 2017 (Mon-Wed): E-pharmacist application
I am not sure if you have heard of the very chaotic situation when my batch chose our posting location. When we logged into the system, not all hospitals were shown in the list. The hospitals were shown batch by batch. For example, Hospital Ampang might be my first choice. But the hospital was not in the list, not even a Selangor hospital was in the list. After refreshing the webpage for several times, what remained in the list were 3 Sabah hospitals and 1 Sarawak hospital. I became panic because I thought all other hospitals had been chosen. After considering for several minutes, or maybe seconds, I've decided to rather choose ANY hospital available in the list than clicking "Penangguhan". After choosing my hospital, the offer letter and contract could be downloaded and printed out immediately. I was very sad initially because I could not choose my preferred hospital. After asking my friend who targeted the same hospital, I only realised that particular hospital appeared in the list 15 minutes later!
In our batch, the scenario happened a lot. Most people who did not see their preferred hospital simply chose one to prevent being "tangguh". Many people reflected this scenario to the system administrator later. Luckily the system admin allowed us to reset our chosen hospital and most of us got our preferred hospital after resetting. "Hot" hospitals such as those in KL/Selangor, Johor and Penang were taken up quickly. For instance, 30 vacancies in Hospital Kuala Lumpur were taken up in less than 1 minute time. I witnessed that and I was quite regretful that I did not choose HKL when I first saw it in the list.
The days after e-pharmacist, but before PTM
Hectic and chaotic days I remember. I prepared all the documents stated in the offer letter and did my medical check up in a klinik kesihatan. Below are the documents that I prepared for Lapor Diri. Do take note that the list below simply serves as reference and the requirement may change during your time. For PTM, there was a different but shorter set of documents which I prepared.
17-21 Apr 2017: Program Transformasi Minda (PTM)
In this 5-day camp, I learnt all sorts of things regarding public service, attitudes, benefits, rules & regulations, our contract (2 years for UF41) and carried out some group activities. Attendance is compulsory before being posted to your working location. At the end of PTM, I had a 20 MCQs examination based on the content of the talks given throughout PTM.
Tips: Do get notes from your respective seniors ;) The questions were definitely not tough.
23 or 25 Apr 2017: Lapor Diri at hospital

Hopefully this post helps. (Finger crossed) Good luck to all of you in your application!
I am a graduate from University of Strathclyde, batch of 2016. As a Master of Pharmacy (MPharm) 2.5 + 1 student, I completed my first five semesters in International Medical University (IMU) and final year overseas in Glasgow, UK. Semester 8 final exams ended on 3 May, convocation on 23 June and I touched down in KLIA on 30 June 2016.
Below are the important dates (milestones) after I arrived Malaysia.
4 July 2016: Lapor diri on JPA MySELF website
https://myself.jpa.gov.my/
This is relevant to JPA-sponsored students only. Prepare the documents (in soft copy) required, i.e. scanned boarding pass (for overseas graduates), IC, academic transcript, degree certificate etc and upload. Please refer to the website/guideline for latest update and requirement.
11 July 2016: BLESS application
https://www.bless.gov.my/bless/
For your information, BLESS application is compulsory for Provisionally Registered Pharmacist (PRP). Prepare the documents (in soft copy) required and upload. BLESS number, which is also your PRP registration number, will be given after your application is processed. Time taken to process your application may range from days to weeks. Please refer to the website for latest update and requirement.
19 July 2016: BLESS application successful
Eventually, my application took 1 week to process. BLESS number was notified through email. Please take note that email address is ultimately important in each step of your application as ALL updates/notification will be informed thru email. BLESS number is also your PRP number which is valid for 1 year. The email with your PRP number is considered as the original certificate. It will be printed out numerous times for application purpose at later stage.
19 July 2016: Daftar at SPA8i
https://putra12.spa.gov.my/spa8new/login.jsp
This step can be carried out much earlier, as long as you have had your BLESS number and all necessary documents ready. Information needed includes Maklumat Pemohon, Maklumat Akademik, Maklumat Ko-kurikulum etc. Please follow the guideline on how to fill in the online form.
Remember to confirm your submission in SPA8i. Furthermore, after you submit your application, do NOT send your confirmation for the 2nd time. This will cause your application date to be postponed to the date of your 2nd application. This means if the closing date for the current intake is before your 2nd application date, your 1st application is not counted and you might have to wait for the next intake. Be very careful. I did this mistake by sending my confirmation twice. I was so nervous when the pegawai I contacted told me only the latest application was considered.
1 August 2016: Permohonan lapor diri tamat pengajian successful
This is relevant to JPA-sponsored students only. It was notified through email and status could be checked in MySELF portal.
18 December 2016: Tarikh tutup urusan
The closing date for Pegawai Farmasi UF41(Bil. 1/2017) intake. All application submitted and complete before 18 Dec 2016 were processed. The closing date really depends on the vacancies or government budget. In 2017, we can assure that there will be 4 intakes of Pegawai Farmasi UF41. 1st intake in April, 2nd in July and 3rd most probably in October (Information acquired during Program Transformasi Minda).
23 Jan - 3 Feb 2017: Interview (Semenanjung & Sabah)
Appro. one month later: Interview (Sarawak)
Provided below is the link of past year interview question collection from all states in Malaysia. Based on my friends' experience and mine, the questions asked during interview varied a lot! Some were asked a bunch of clinical questions, while some focused on what you know about working as a public servant. I have shared my experience in this blog post My interview experience (Sorry, it's mainly in Mandarin). In my opinion, it is not a bad idea to learn something while reading up the past year questions. Meanwhile, I would recommend to practise speaking/counselling in Bahasa Malaysia, read up about current healthcare or general news, know what your strong points are and relate it to your advantage as a pharmacist. In a nutshell, promote yourself moderately and naturally in the interview.
Link: Interview question collection (Past years)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1O3dr8ae7mCDV9NWAJlp3JBfF3apjZNOAmF1-_z9ni6Q/edit#gid=678672056
21 Mar 2017: Keputusan Temuduga released
I was told by the interviewer that the interview result would be released in one-month time. Apparently, the release date was postponed. The result was again notified through email. GOOD news to me! I passed my interview and my unemployment period has finally ended.
22 Mar 2017: Keputusan Temuduga email sent for 2nd time
In this email, we were informed regarding the application of posting location through e-pharmacist system.
6 Apr 2017 (Thu) 2pm: E-pharmacist registration
Although we could only
Manual e-pharmacist: http://humanres.moh.gov.my/v2/uploads/cb6a9d58-39d2-61f7.pdf
10-12 Apr 2017 (Mon-Wed): E-pharmacist application
I am not sure if you have heard of the very chaotic situation when my batch chose our posting location. When we logged into the system, not all hospitals were shown in the list. The hospitals were shown batch by batch. For example, Hospital Ampang might be my first choice. But the hospital was not in the list, not even a Selangor hospital was in the list. After refreshing the webpage for several times, what remained in the list were 3 Sabah hospitals and 1 Sarawak hospital. I became panic because I thought all other hospitals had been chosen. After considering for several minutes, or maybe seconds, I've decided to rather choose ANY hospital available in the list than clicking "Penangguhan". After choosing my hospital, the offer letter and contract could be downloaded and printed out immediately. I was very sad initially because I could not choose my preferred hospital. After asking my friend who targeted the same hospital, I only realised that particular hospital appeared in the list 15 minutes later!
In our batch, the scenario happened a lot. Most people who did not see their preferred hospital simply chose one to prevent being "tangguh". Many people reflected this scenario to the system administrator later. Luckily the system admin allowed us to reset our chosen hospital and most of us got our preferred hospital after resetting. "Hot" hospitals such as those in KL/Selangor, Johor and Penang were taken up quickly. For instance, 30 vacancies in Hospital Kuala Lumpur were taken up in less than 1 minute time. I witnessed that and I was quite regretful that I did not choose HKL when I first saw it in the list.
The days after e-pharmacist, but before PTM
Hectic and chaotic days I remember. I prepared all the documents stated in the offer letter and did my medical check up in a klinik kesihatan. Below are the documents that I prepared for Lapor Diri. Do take note that the list below simply serves as reference and the requirement may change during your time. For PTM, there was a different but shorter set of documents which I prepared.
- Tiga (3) salinan Surat Tawaran Pelantikan
- Empat (4) Borang Perjanjian Kontrak asal yang lengkap bersama duti setem
- Tiga (3) Surat Setuju Terima Pelantikan asal
- Surat Akuan Berkanun [SPA 6C(2014)]* asal dan dua(2) salinan
- Borang Permohonan Pemeriksaan Perubatan Untuk Pelantikan Dalam Perkhidmatan Awam (Lampiran A - Pin. 1/2013)* asal dan dua(2) salinan
- Ijazah asal dan dua (2) salinan
- Diploma/STPM/SPM dan dua (2) salinan
- Sijil Perakuan Pendaftaran Sementara asal dan dua (2)salinan
- Tiga (3) salinan Kad Pengenalan
- Surat panggilan Program Transfromasi Minda asal dan salinan
In this 5-day camp, I learnt all sorts of things regarding public service, attitudes, benefits, rules & regulations, our contract (2 years for UF41) and carried out some group activities. Attendance is compulsory before being posted to your working location. At the end of PTM, I had a 20 MCQs examination based on the content of the talks given throughout PTM.
Tips: Do get notes from your respective seniors ;) The questions were definitely not tough.
23 or 25 Apr 2017: Lapor Diri at hospital
Lapor diri date is the next working day after PTM weekend. You can fly/walk/drive there because the transport can be claimed as part of your Lantikan Pertama. Yay! I'm now a Pegawai Farmasi UF41. Kami sedia membantu. Although I have waited for one year since I completed my final exam, I will try my best to review and practise my pharmacy knowledge, and serve the public well.

Hopefully this post helps. (Finger crossed) Good luck to all of you in your application!
Comments
Post a Comment