Temu Duga Pegawai Farmasi Gred UF41

2017年1月31日,年初四,我参加了人生申请的第一份正式工作的面试。

与大学本科息息相关的,政府医院任职(Contract)的药剂师工作 -- Pegawai Farmasi Gred UF41。解说:UF指的医药领域,41则是有学士资格的人加入公务员行列的最低级别。以后有机会,我会在最长14年内,从41攀爬至44 --> 48 --> 52 --> 54,甚至Jusa或Turus级,当个薪水低福利高的马来西亚公务员。这是我规划中最安稳的职业生涯,风平浪静,无声无息。

这篇blog的目的是记录面试的题目、回答、感想及心情(借口)。
Venue: Jalan Cenderasari, KL
Date & Time: 31 Jan 2017, 9.35am (20 minutes)
Panel: 07, 2 guys (SPA Malay and KKM Indian/Malay)
SPA = Suruhanjaya Perkhidmatan Awam; KKM = Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia

Interview was initiated by the SPA guy asking me questions in BM. His volume was soft, I said "Sorry" (instead of "Pardon" twice to ask him to repeat the Qs).
1. Perkenalkan diri 
Answer: Nama saya - graduated in UK last June - Sebelum interview ini bekerja sebagai admin di Hays - selain daripada itu, saya travelled to a lot of places

2. Pharmacist job description
Answer: Mentioned 6 departments in gov hospital and 3 lain-lain (can't remember) - penguatkuasaan (enforcement) - NPRA, briefly talked about the roles

3. How to advise elderly patient 
Answer: List down the medicines, tell the patient and the caregivers in details

4. Etika sebagai pharmacist 
Answer: Empathy - so I will do my best to help - Kesopanan - tak kira apa agama dan bangsa

Followed by the KKM guy who asked me questions in English.
5. Diet during CNY 
Answer: Reduce intake of sugary cookies and BBQ meat - Do not ignore exercise - exercise 20 min per day

6. Is supplement necessary, Examples of people around you who take supplement, How to take drug with supplements
Answer: In my opinion, supplements are not necessary unless indicated - example such as Vit B and alcoholic liver disease, folic acid for pregnant lady - My mom who took quite some supplements such as Amway - Food-drug interaction such as warfarin & cranberry juice, statin & grapefruit juice, tetracycline & milk

7. How to cope with antimicrobial resistance in the community
Answer: As a community pharmacist, will not dispense antibiotics to the patient without prescription - if visit friend's house, will tell the parents not to simply use antibiotics
 
KKM guy threw the "question ball" to SPA guy. He looked at my resume and asked...
8. What sports do you play in university
Answer: Volleyball, basketball, marathon and badminton 
Do you see people injured during marathon, what would you do?
Answer: No. I have never seen people injured. If injured, I will help the runner to move to the side of the road, ask the St John's or Bulan Sabit Merah to help. If really serious, I will ask the van to provide help.

KKM guy seems interested that he asked what is the marathon distance I run.
10km, I answered.
Why not 21km?
When I registered for KL Marathon this year, 21km was already full.
 
Interview continued by the SPA guy.
9. How to explain to orang tua who speaks only Bahasa Melayu in hospital?
Answer: There are Malay, Chinese and Indian who go to the hospital. I will try my best to explain to the Malay elderly patient in Bahasa Melayu, patiently. If not, I will ask my colleague to help.

10. What will you do when your contracts end 3 years later? A.k.a. What do you see yourself in 5 years?
I will continue to serve in the government hospital - Or else, I will do a postgraduate such as  Masters in Clinical Pharmacy, will not continue to serve maybe I need to take of my children - found this interesting when I learnt about TDM during uni - (He did not know about TDM) - explained briefly on TDM 

SPA guy joined the conversation out of sudden.
Where did you travel to before the interview?
Answer: Surabaya, China dan Jepun.

11. How will you serve the community? 
Answer: Similarly, do a postgraduate - be a lecturer and education
Etika sbg lecturer
Answers: Besides teaching core pharmacy knowledge, motivation is essential - My mentor used to motivate me much 

整体来说,我给自己表现仅50%。20分钟内问那么多大题,证明我回答得太简短且文不对题。何况我用辞英文多于国文,回答国文题目时非常rojak!有些题目我回答得太“串”(至少4题,你们自己猜哪一题)。发挥得不好,尽管准备不充足、秩序不好,理由(借口)却可说成是华人新年期间心情亢奋,加上面试当天凌晨三点半才从Gerik抵达家里。

可圈可点的是,当天我穿着正式的formal和blazer,化了点淡妆,外表和说话或许比其他人大方自信。父母、六姨和冠佑都说我表现得OK,我则认为是见仁见智,这是一把双刃剑。面试官们可认为我信心满满,有领导力,既有成绩单上的优异表现加持,应该被录取;亦可认为我言语上太骄傲自满,不羁的回答方式令他们觉得我不适合当公务员。



面试当天差劲的表现是否代表自己面临药剂出路的分岔口?

离开之前,我问了KKM代表多久能知道结果,他答说一个月内会知道面试结果。我赞说KKM进来很有效率,他答说是因为system改变了的原因,Contract-based。如果真的不过关(我新年见拜拜都有求神明保佑我pass interview),我会觉得遗憾,毕竟我等了7个月不去industrial及仍执着于pharmacist license。也许会任职于private hospital、industrial、读postgraduate,或直接转行,反正没有JPA bond了。

相当讽刺的是,想当年我不时在旧的部落格为JPA bond烦恼埋怨。六年过了,忽然没有bond的束缚,一直为自己刻画的未来忽然变成海市辰楼,政府医院根本没有足够的药剂师职位,我倒也失去方向,迷茫了。

Comments