Babies babies


I was sleeping beside a five-month-old baby yesterday night. You may guess my role.
A babysitter? A sister? Or even a mother?

Oliver (the baby boy) woke me up at 5.20 a.m. As he did not cry loudly (not even crying I suppose, he was just trying to wake me up by making some noise), I thought he just needed some hugs and sayang to fall asleep again. So, I played with him for a while, hugged him and swing a little, pulled him away from the wall when he almost rolled onto it. He was quiet when I held him in my arms, with his face leaning on my left shoulder. Alright, I guessed he was in a comfortable position so falling asleep gradually, until his LaPoKa (Grandmother in Moldovan language) came into the room. Suddenly, he burst out crying as if I just pinched his cheek hard. "HE IS HUNGRY, Xue Min. You should have informed me when he's awake.", surprised grandmother said. She was sleeping in the same room with us yesterday and went out to prepare Oliver's milk before Oliver woke up. After a 180mL bottle of milk, he seemed to be satisfied and prepared to sleep. Looking at the baby's face, I wonder, would it be the case when I become a mother? Maybe in less than 10 years time I will be one. Waking up in the middle of the night, to feed my son or daughter, no matter how exhausted I would be.

Currently a failed mother, but pleased Aunty I am. Cuz I feel more confident after yesterday night, handled a baby alone and comforted the tiny him. Haha.. Oliver baby, you'll be going back to London next week. Everyone will miss you a lot! When I have time in weekend, I will travel down from Glasgow to visit you and see you grow. I love every nephew and niece, especially the ones I am close with.




(something unrelated)
1. 我不可因养尊处优而不努力 善用人脉资源 把握机会 努力争取
2. 健康成功,不仅是向敌人证明自己有能力,更是自己达到目标的有利证据。


Comments